Updated: Mar 23, 2020
Every Wedding Day has a soundtrack and style of its own. From the decorations, to the music, and even the location. Which is why your DJ has a very important role. To better serve you we have compiled a list of 40 questions to help you find the DJ your looking for!
1. Is my wedding date available?
2. How many weddings have you played?
3. How long have you been doing this professionally?
4. Will you be the DJ personally playing at our wedding?
5. Have you done events at my wedding venue?
6. Can you describe your style?
7. Are there any other services you provide such as lighting, design, or a photo booth?
8. What sets you apart from your competition?
9. What got you into being a DJ for weddings?
10. What does a typically setup or package include?
11. Do you have playlist or examples of music you previously played?
12. Can you help me choose the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.?
13. How extensive is your music library?
14. How do you keep your music collection up to date?
15. If the DJ for my event is somehow unable to perform, do you have a backup ready for my event?
16. Do you take any breaks? How many and when?
17. Do you act as the emcee and make all the announcements?
18. What do you do to motivate the crowd if no one is dancing?
19. Do you take request from our guest?
20. Can we submit a do not play list?
Pricing and Payment
21. Whats your rate?
22. Does that rate include setup and breakdown, what if anything isn't included?
23. How much would you charge for overtime?
24. When will I receive a written contract?
25. How much of a deposit is due?
26. What is your refund/cancelation policy?
27. How far in advance do I need to book you for my wedding?
28. What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
29. Are you insured?
30. What is needed to book?
31. Do you provide wireless mics for the wedding ceremony?
32. Does any of your equipment require special electrical outlets?
33. Do you bring backup equipment?
34. What kind of space do you require?
35. Do you setup a sign or banner with your equipment?
36. How much time will you need for setup, soundcheck, and breakdown of equipment?
37. What time will you arrive at the site and when will you depart?
38. Will we meet again before the wedding?
39. What will you wear to our wedding?
40. What is your policy on alcohol and smoking during the wedding?
Be sure to check out our FAQs page to see our answers to these questions. We hope this helps you in your quest on finding the perfect DJ for your special day.